Wednesday, July 29, 2009

These colors don't run




I've been having some booze feuled debates with people concerning the disorganization of the liberal minded and democratic (although those two things aren't always the same) party set. Usually I get into these rowes with people who are liberal and/or members of the democratic party. I like to consider myself an independent, socially liberal and fiscally conservative. But I grew up in a place that was very liberal and I realized dogma can run on both sides of the street, so at times I like to hit people with the other end of the stick. Not arguing for conservatives but pointing out that they can be much more efficient than their political counterparts.

I say grating things like, "Liberals think everything can be done with feelings, air, and sunshine", which really tends to piss them off. Although, I have yet to hear a quality rebuttal.

I was reading an article online today and I read this quote, which I feel validates my viewpoint.
"We did give them a deadline, and sort of we missed that deadline. But that's OK," Obama said, regarding his project of healthcare reform.
A democratic president, with a democratic congress, can't get a bill out of committee that is founded on democratic ideals, "But that's OK" apparently.

No comments: