Monday, April 18, 2011

Lady Gaga

Me,Nicola Formichetti and Lady Gaga at the after party for the Thierry Mugler show.
From TerrysDiary.com
There was a time when I used to post things about celebrities that were critical. And then I stopped. I realized that I am not The Superficial and quite frankly I started to feel a little like an asshole about it. Although, I do think my posts quoting stupid things celebrities say is a poignant comment about the over-reverence they receive in our society. Not to mention what an insecure lap dog you have to be to pursue that lifestyle in the first place; it's a little sad. And yes, any celebrity you see frequently in a magazine is 100% pursuing THAT lifestyle. I'm talking the Jolie-Pitts, LiLo, Aniston, you know, the US Weekly crew. There are many highly famous, beautiful, intriguing people who  come out only when they have to promote a film. So, I read these quotes from the fame-seekers and I have to laugh because they believe in their own cult of personality. They're so..patronizing. And they lie blatantly, which is fine. But they lie under the pretense of complete honesty, to get you to like them more. And that's a little sad too.


Anyways. Lady Gaga. PUH LEASE STOP WITH THAT WEIRD THING YOU DO WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR HAND INTO A CLAW. IT LOOKS REALLY DUMB. You send out a great message, You are talented, but thanking your "little monsters" in every interview kind of makes you sound like a jerk. There has to be some other noun you could have picked to homogenize your fan base. Leprechauns would have been more thought provoking. But "monsters?" And the claw thing? I mean if you only did it during your concerts or something, fine. But you do it ALL the TIME. Like it's cool. It's old and wasn't clever to begin with. It's like you're oh, I don't know, trying to force yourself on to every single person who sees you. Not that wearing weird outfits is doing that at all. 

No comments: