Sunday, March 7, 2010

It Just Comes Naturally


I was going to write this in a private journal entry but I thought, meh, might as well make it public. I haven't posted on this thing in a while, which is kind of too bad; it means that my intellectual musings have been fewer, and that worries me. I did find a scribble on a note pad the other day that said, "The Recession = Chewing gum". I have no recollection of how I was going to equate the two. We all lose out when an idea like that has been forgotten.

I've been hung over all day promising myself that I would write some articles tonight, considering all the things I want to buy and that I didn't write any on Friday. But after doing my prelim research on traditional Spanish Christmas food, I just didn't have the heart. It got me thinking about all of the things I WANT to do, and how I'm letting my day-to-day activities get in the way of that. I've been trying to work harder, and procrastinate less. Work hard, play hard. But what seems to come naturally to me is not diligence; it's pure slothfulness. I've always been lazy, my whole entire life. The idea of being occupied every minute until I fall into bed is repulsive to me. However, I'm at that age where I need to be rapaciously sewing the seeds that bear the fruit of a good income. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind being busy...I just also need time to be lazy. Would that we could all do what comes naturally.

No comments: