Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Confessions of a shopaholic

This morning I get an email from J.Crew. They're adding an extra 20% off to their sale. I LOVE it when they do this. Sometimes it's 30%. I seriously go hard for these emails. The catch...it's FINAL sale. No returns, no exchanges.
Then, on a whim, I go to Forever 21, assuming that as usual they won't have anything good. But they do. This little black dress, that if it fits the way I expect it to, will knock out all of my other conservative little black dresses, off to Beacon's they'll go making some much needed room in my closet. I HAVE to have it.
I check out Charlotte Rousse and find a dress that I think will be perfect for Giovanni's birthday party at the end of the month, in it goes. I buy two tops, and the dress. Total, $79.

I go back to J.Crew. A dress I wanted, but had sold out, is available again, must have. Then a cocktail ring that I'll give to my daughter, it's so fantastic. Total with discount, $80. I check out, but right after I do, realise that I've forgotten to check their knitwear section. Find an amazing jacket, have to have it. Total with discount, $37. Then, it's off to Forever 21 for that dress. I realize that I can use a credit card I've been paying off to buy the dress. It's just a measly 23 bucks, I mean nothing, right? I decide to check jewelry to see if they have anything I can't live without, I throw in a necklace I like, but don't love for $6. Total with shipping, $42.

I am sated, and wish there was a way to block my visiting certain websites.
The clam chowder is better than I expected it to be today.