Thursday, August 13, 2009

Charlize Theron

is hands down one of the most beautiful women, in terms of public figures, the world is aware of.

But is not immune to saying absurd things like this on set of a vogue photo shoot: "There is a part of me, as an actor, that comes alive when you throw me in a place." She continues contemplatively, "And I think Mario likes to shoot me that way."


Did I forget how to speak English or does that sentence literally not make any sense? Or maybe there is some sort of divine truth that Charlize is aware of that we are not. For example, most people, NOT as actors simply shrivel up and die when they are "thrown" in a place. Charlize has somehow learned how to side step this inconvenience. Or, Mario Testino likes to shoot her in this special state of livelihood, whereas he prefers to shoot others in a state of not being alive in a place they've been thrown into. Maybe, I'm still trying to figure it out.

No comments: